Background Check Information
Upon offer of employment, individuals who have not had an ABI and FBI background check (fingerprinting) in the state of Alabama must be fingerprinted and complete the background check through Gemalto Cogent.
Alabama Applicant Processing Service Registration Procedures
All Alabama applicants MUST be registered prior to arriving at fingerprint location.
Be sure to follow the required sequence below. If you do not, you will not be able to complete the process successfully.
- Step 1: Create an AIM Account https://aim.alsde.edu
- Step 2: Complete Background Check Registration in AIM
- Step 3: Create Fieldprint Account
- Step 4: Complete authorization forms, schedule appointment, and fee payment
- Step 5: Report for fingerprint appointment
- AAPS will not allow you to complete a registration unless all required fields have valid entries.
Applicants are responsible for their own registration. Information incorrectly entered during registration and submitted during fingerprinting CANNOT be corrected and is the responsibility of the applicant. Changes to incorrect registration data MAY be corrected online or by telephone prior to fingerprint submission.
The AAPS fingerprint fee for in-state applicants is $50.25. The cost for out-of-state applicants who submit fingerprint cards will be $58.25. Applicants may pay online during registration using a debit or credit card.
- No cash, credit card or business checks are accepted at the the fingerprint locations.
- Applicants may pay at the fingerprint site with money order or cashier check. Payments must be made out to Gemalto Cogent.
4. Bring valid identification.