Vestavia Hills City Schools, its administrators, faculty, and staff use a mass notification system to communicate directly with families. Mass notification enables us to share information with our school communities in a timely and efficient manner. Families in VHCS can expect to receive regular communication from our schools throughout the year via email, phone, and text message.
During the school registration process each year, we ask for your contact information, including phone numbers and email addresses. We use this contact information to communicate important messages from the schools and district. Your contact information is kept private and is not provided to any third parties or groups without your knowledge and consent. If your contact information changes, please notify your student's school.
Times when schools and/or the district may send notifications include, but are not limited to:
- School newsletters and general announcements
- Publicity of upcoming school/district events
- Notification to families whose students are absent from school without an excuse
- Weather-related schedule changes
- Other changes to school/district schedules or operations, as needed
You may opt-out of receiving mass notifications from VHCS. However, we do not recommend that you opt-out as you will no longer receive emergency messages from your student's school.
To opt-out of mass notifications from VHCS, please do the following:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at 855-502-STOP (855-502-7867).
- Text (SMS) Messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system text or to 60680 for non-emergency messages. (Reply STOP to 54968 to opt out of emergency messages.)
- Emails: Click the Unsubscribe link from any email you receive.